Welcome to the University of Iowa’s Inclusive Events and Programming Guide!
We invite you to explore this guide as you prepare for your next event or program. The Inclusive Events and Programming Guide is intended to provide event organizers and campus administrators with the tools necessary to proactively plan events that are inclusive and accessible for all attendees.
This Guide is created to:
- Be a living document.
- Reduce need for accommodations by increasing accessibility.
- Be intersectional by including practices that welcome multiple and overlapping identities.
- Build and bolster confidence in creating inclusive events and programming.
If this is your first time navigating a Pressbook here are a few navigation tips:
- On the bottom of the page there is a left/right bar that allows the reader to flip through the pages.
- The table of contents will appear up on the top left with a drop down arrow to expand the contents.
- The Plus (+) sign next to each Chapter in the table of contents will expand that area to include all the sections within that chapter.
- The homepage can be found by clicking the book title (Inclusive Events and Programming Guide) at the top center of any page.
- Pressbooks can be navigated on a phone, tablet, and computer.
- The Inclusive Events and Programming Guide is also available to be downloaded from the homepage in several formats for accessibility and reference.
As a living document, The Guide will be reviewed and updated each summer and the last update will be visible on the home page.