External Accessibility Guides
Numerous Accessibility Guides exist and have been referenced. Our Guide was created by observing and studying best practices used from these resources, among others.
- American Anthropological Association | Virtual Presentation Accessibility Guidelines
- American Meetings, Inc. | 4-Part Checklist to Foster Diversity and Inclusion at Your Next Event
- Columbia Business School | Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Event Planning Checklist
- Emory University | Accessibility Guidelines for Planning Events
- Kansas University | Best Practices Guidelines for Planning an Accessible Event
- New York University | Integrating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Principles and Values in Your Event Planning
- Oregon State University | Accessible Event Planning Guidelines
- Rutgers University | Creative Accessible and Inclusive Meetings or Events
- Rutgers University | Guidelines for Hosting Accessible Events, Programs, or Activities
- Syracuse University | Event Guide
- University of Arizona | A Guide to Planning Accessible and Inclusive Events
- University of California- Berkeley | Planning Accessible Events
- University of Michigan | Accessible and Inclusive Events Resource Guide
- University of Wisconsin- Madison | Make it Accessible
- The Business Case for Digital Accessibility
- A Complete Guide to Virtual Events in 2022
- DEI Event Toolkit
- Transitioning to Virtual Events
- Let’s get practical: A checklist for virtual meetings and events
- The Definitive Virtual Event Planning Check List
This Guide was created in partnership with collaborators and supporters across the University of Iowa.
We depend on and appreciate your feedback, comments, and questions to keep this document as up-to-date and relevant for its users.
To provide feedback or suggestions fill out out this Qualtrics form.