Internships, co-ops, and practicums are structured experiences that allow students to:
- Apply classroom learning to a real-world environment
- Learn information about a career field first-hand
- Develop skills and gain confidence
- Build their network and resume
Internships, co-ops, and practicums can be registered for course credit or 0-credit transcript notation with your department, college, or the Pomerantz Career Center. They may be part-time or full-time, can happen during any semester, and you can do more than one during your time at UI.
How to Get Involved
To prepare for an internship, co-op, or practicum, make sure you have a resume ready (and have some prior experience through volunteering, jobs, research or student groups).
To get started on finding and applying to an opportunity, make an appointment with a Career Advisor and check out these resources from the Pomerantz Career Center, Tippie College of Business, or Engineering Career Services.
Sign up for an advising appointment on MyUI today!
- Click on the “Advising Appointments” tile
- Click on the “New appointment with…” drop down menu.
- All undergraduates except Engineering will pick “Pomerantz Career Center.” Engineering students will pick “Engineering Career Center.”
Career Center staff are excited to help you search for and land a great opportunity.